- Diagnostic & Clinical Research
- Oil & Petroleum
- Chemical & Dye Industry
- Environmental & Water Treatment
- CRO & Research Institutes
- Food and Beverage
- Zydus group
- Cadila Healthcare Ltd.
- Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
- Amneal Pharmaceutical
- Aculife Healthcare Pvt. Ltd
- Alembic Pharma
- Sun Pharmaceuticals Industries Ltd.
- Dishman Pharmaceuticals & Chemicals Ltd.
- Emcure Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
- FTF Pharma Pvt. Ltd.
- Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
- J. B. Chemicals & Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
- Piramal Enterprises Ltd.
- Swiss Parenterals Pvt. Ltd.
- Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
- Teva Pharma Pvt. Ltd.
- Troikaa Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
- Unimark Remedies Limited
- Unison Pharmaceuticals Pvt. Ltd.
- Vasu Healthcare Pvt. Ltd.
Indian biotech industry market reached USD 7 billion in FY15, This growth attributed to fast-developing clinical capabilities, and growth of clinical trials, contract research and manufacturing activities
Biotechnology Industry expected to increase in size to USD 11.6 billion by 2017, also driven by a range of factors such as intensive R&D activities and strong government initiatives
Gujarat is developing Biotechnology Hub of India The State has attracted over 160 biotechnology companies in the last ten years. Biotech industry in the State has grown at a rapid pace. As a result of this Gujarat State Biotechnology Mission (GSBTM) and GIDC build a Biotech Park in savli Vadodara
The Park endeavours to address the biotech industrys need for specialized infrastructure
Phase I of 100 acres consisting of 38 acres of SEZ area, 62 acres of Non SEZ area is now well developed with basic infrastructure
An area of 17.5 acres is earmarked for Biotech Incubator and Common Equipment Library facilities and various laboratories
- Anil Bioplus Ltd.
- Human Biosciences India Ltd.
- Concord Biotech Ltd.
- Chiron Behring Vaccines Pvt. Ltd.
- Swati Spentose Pvt. Ltd
- Greendiam Exim Pvt. Ltd.
- Cadila Pharmaceutical Ltd.
- Hester Biosciences Ltd
Indian Diagnostic industry which is estimated to be about ` 10,000 crore (USD 100 Billion) expected to grow to US$ 280 billion by 2020, a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 22.9 per cent. Healthcare delivery, which includes hospitals, nursing homes and diagnostics centres, There are about 100,000 pathology laboratories in India
India is perceived as one of the fastest growing medical tourism destination in the world.
Gujarat has taken a prime spot as being one of the ideal healthcare providers in the country . The advantage of cost competitiveness further contribute to the factors responsible for making Gujarat a preferred destination for Diagnostic sector & Clinical Research
- Lambda Therapeutic Research
- SRL Diagnostics
- Unipath Specialty Laboratory Pvt. Ltd.
- Life Line Laboratory
- Gujarat Blood Bank
- Veeda Clinical Research Pvt. Ltd.
- Supratech Micropath Laboratory & Research Institute Pvt. Ltd
- Shivrath Center of Excellence in Clinical Research
Gujarat ranks 1st in the production of crude and natural gas in India, The State has the highest number of oil and gas fields, The State is rich in the hydrocarbon resources and is the largest on land producer of oil and gas in country. Gujarat contributes about 18% of countrys total crude oil production. Similarly it contributes about 11% of countrys total gas production. If we compare on land crude production then it is almost 50% of crude and 40% of natural gas from the Gujarat State. There are more than 6500 petrochemicals are produced in the state. It is also largest supplier of bio fertilizers, seeds, urea and other fertilizers.
Reliance Petroleum Limited at Jamnagar (Gujarat) is the largest grass root refinery in the Asia Pacific. Gujarat State Petroleum Corporation Ltd (GSPC) is an oil and gas exploration company in Gujarat, India. It is India’s only State Government-owned oil and Gas Company with the Government of Gujarat holding approximately 95% equity stake. GSPC was incorporated in 1979 as a petrochemical company. Today GSPC has become a vertically integrated energy company, excelling in a wide gamut of hydrocarbon activities across India. The largest gas grid will generate opportunities for transmission and distribution of natural gas to domestic and industrial users.
- Essar Oil Limited
- Reliance Industries Limited
- Indian Oil Corporation Limited
- Gujarat State Petroleum Corporation Ltd
The Indian chemicals industry currently has a turnover of Rs3,88,500 crore ($84 billion), which includes chemicals, petrochemicals, speciality chemicals and pharmaceuticals. It is likely to grow at the rate of 9% per annum, the rate at which the Indian economy is growing. By 2020, the Indian chemical industry is expected to grow to Rs9,25,000 crore ($200 billion)
Gujarat is the chemical hub of the country, contributing around 55% of the Indian chemical industry’s annual turnover.There are sevrail Chemical clusters in Gujarat like, especially at Ankleshwar, Panola, Vapi, Vatva, Jhagadia, Vilayat and Dahej facilitate rapid development and growth.
- 1,200 units in Ankleshwar
- Ahmadabad alone has around 700 chemical companies
- Vapi which has around 600 small, medium and large chemical units
Gujarat has taken the lead to promote environment friendly practices through Effluent Treatment Plant; currently 28 such plants are operational and further 6 are proposed
The environment wing of the Department is the apex body in the Gujarat State for implementation of all the environment related matters including Environment (Protection) Act, 1986, which is an umbrella Act on environment in the country. The Department has four executing agencies
- Gujarat Pollution Control Board,
- Gujarat Ecology Commission,
- Gujarat Institute of Desert Ecology
- Gujarat Environmental Management Institute, for discharging its functions.
Gujarat has been facing acute drinking water scarcity due to recurrent droughts, low rainfall and skewed distribution pattern. Almost two-third of the state had either been facing water availability issues or quality problems. Government of Gujarat focused attention to provide long term solutions by investing in water supply infrastructure based on sustainable surface sources to achieve water security.
- Department of drinking water supply and sanitation
- Water & Sanitation Management Organisation
- Water Supply Department- Govt. of Gujarat
- Ministry of Water Resources
India is also increasingly emerging as one of the most globally preferred outsourcing /off shoring destinations for research this trend can be largely attributed to Indias inherent competencies in terms of low manufacturing cost, highest number of U.S. FDA approved plants outside the US
Gujarat is home to approximately 40 percent of CRO s in the country. Its well established healthcare sector, strong infrastructure facilities and relatively low real estate costs has lured many global and local CROs to set up their business in the state.
- Zydus Research Centre
- Claris, India
- Cliantha Research Limited
- Quintiles Research (India) Private Limited
- Synchron Research
- Accuprec Research Labs.pvt ltd
- Astron Research Limited
- Torrent Research Centre
- Accutest Research Laboratories
- E. I. Du Pont India Private Limited
- Alembic Research Centre
- Institute for Plasma Research
- Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO)
- Gujarat Energy Research & Management Institute (GERMI)
- SGS INDIA
- Central Salt & Marine Chemical Research Institute (CSMCRI)
- Chemicals Research & Development Centre
- JDM Scientific Research Organization Pvt. Ltd.
- VIBGYOR Scientific Research
- 170 Engineering Colleges
- 60 Pharmacy colleges
- 30 Universities
- 18 State universities
- 9 Private universities
- 4 Agricultural universities
- 2 Deemed universities
- 1 Central university
- 1 IIT GANDHI NAGAR
- 1 Gujarat Forensic Sciences University (GFSU) Gandhinagar
The Food and Beverage Industry is projected to have overall growth between 10% -15 %
Some of the sectors are projected to achieve excellent growth of 20% and above like,
Soft drink ( 28-30 %)
Semi Processed/Cooked Ready to eat (22%)
Edible/Vegetable oil (20%),
- Food Processing Units: More than 30,000 food processing units are operating in Gujarat providing employment to over 1 million people.
- Agri-Export Zones: Under the scheme of Agricultural and Processed Food Export Development Authority (APEDA), , the state government has earmarked Agriculture Export Zones for mangoes and vegetables (Ahmedabad to Valsad) and for value-added onions (Saurashtra).
- Mega Food Parks (under Mega Food Parks Scheme):Ministry of Food Processing Industries (MoFPI) has awarded Final approval to Gujarat Agro Mega Food Park Pvt. Ltd. (project SPV) for setting up a Mega Food Park project in Surat district and is under implementation. MoFPI has also accorded In-principle approval to Adani Ports and Special Economic Zone Ltd. Mega Food Park project to be set up in Kutch.
- Gujarat Tea Processors & Packers Ltd.
- Mother Dairy
- Amul India
- Pioma Industries( Rasna )
- Gits Food Products Pvt. Ltd
- Kwality Walls
- Vadilal Ice cream
- Mother Dairy
- Nimbus Foods Industries Ltd.
- Manpasand Beverages
- Tata Tea
- Parry’s Confectionery
- Venkey’s Chicken
- Uni Lever
- Cadbury India
- Coca Cola
- Priya Foods